The Powerball jackpot rose to an estimated $750 million for Saturday night time’s drawing — probably the fourth-largest win in U.S. lottery historical past.
A single ticket bought in South Carolina received a $1.537 billion Mega Hundreds of thousands jackpot on Tuesday night time, making it the second-largest jackpot received.
A have a look at the 10 largest U.S. jackpots which have been received and the states the place the profitable tickets had been bought:
1. $1.586 billion, Powerball, Jan. 13, 2016 (three tickets, from California, Florida, Tennessee)
2. $1.537 billion, Mega Hundreds of thousands, Oct. 23, 2018 (one ticket, South Carolina)
3. $758.7 million, Powerball, Aug. 23, 2017 (one ticket, from Massachusetts)
4. $656 million, Mega Hundreds of thousands, March 30, 2012 (three tickets, from Kansas, Illinois and Maryland)
5. $648 million, Mega Hundreds of thousands, Dec. 17, 2013 (two tickets, from California and Georgia)
6. $590.5 million, Powerball, Could 18, 2013 (one ticket, from Florida)
7. $587.5 million, Powerball, Nov. 28, 2012 (two tickets, from Arizona and Missouri)
8. $564.1 million, Powerball, Feb. 11, 2015 (three tickets, from North Carolina, Puerto Rico and Texas)
9. $559.7 million, Powerball, Jan. 6, 2018 (one ticket, New Hampshire)
10. $543 million, Mega Hundreds of thousands, July 24, 2018 (one ticket, California)
Sources: AP archives, www.megamillions.com and www.powerball.com
For the AP’s full protection of the lottery: https://apnews.com/Lottery
© Copyright 2018 The Related Press. All rights reserved. This materials will not be revealed, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.