LEXINGTON, Ky. (July 29, 2020) — Chicken e-scooters are touchdown on the College of Kentucky and within the Metropolis of Lexington on Saturday, Aug. 1. The electrical scooter firm will start releasing its e-scooters at bike racks all through campus that day.
Chicken was just lately chosen because the college’s most popular e-scooter vendor, which suggests the corporate will deploy and rebalance e-scooters on campus to make them accessible to the neighborhood. Chicken’s e-scooters will even be an possibility on the menu of advantages obtainable to eligible UK Commute Membership members.
Chicken supplies a pure solution to help bodily distancing as riders throughout the U.S. are Birding once more for his or her important journeys, that are notably longer Chicken rides than pre-COVID-19, and discovering it’s a pure solution to bodily distance. Be taught extra about Chicken’s sanitation measures right here.
As well as, Chicken’s Heat Up mode is now obtainable and nice for brand spanking new riders or those that simply need to cruise. This function gives a mild acceleration possibility that helps riders really feel snug and construct confidence.
“We’re excited to diversify the transportation choices to assist college students, staff, and guests get to, from, and across the College,” stated Sandra Broadus, UK Transportation Companies’ different transportation supervisor. “Chicken is a frontrunner within the shared e-scooter trade, and we’re wanting ahead to partnering with them to make car-free entry to campus simpler.”
E-scooters first launched in Lexington in October 2019, and have been immensely common for serving transportation wants, with 45% of all journeys city-wide ending on UK’s campus. E-scooter utilization is predicted to be common once more this semester as college students and staff start returning to campus, so it’s vital that riders comply with correct etiquette and observe accountable using:
- E-scooters on campus have to be parked at bike racks. Don’t depart the scooter in the midst of a sidewalk or block a public pathway.
- E-scooters should not allowed inside buildings on UK’s campus.
- E-scooters are permitted to trip on sidewalks on campus, however they don’t seem to be permitted on sidewalks off campus.
- All the time yield to pedestrians and be courteous. This might embrace dismounting throughout class modifications or different durations of excessive congestion.
- E-scooters are permitted in bike lanes and should comply with the foundations of the street like some other car.
- Don’t double trip! Whereas it’s enjoyable to flock with associates, be sure to’re using solo, and maintain bodily distanced from others.
- Keep alert and save the selfies and music till after the trip.
- Helmets are extremely advisable whereas using an e-scooter.
A very good common rule is to function and park e-scooters as you’ll a bicycle.
Like different shared mobility providers, Chicken e-scooters might be ridden by downloading the Chicken app and creating an account together with your @uky.edu e mail handle.